Interesting in learning about vaping and e-liquid (Store: buy e liquid), but feel like you don’t know where to being? We’ve done the research, trials, and have invested financially into gaining understanding of the vaping world. The following article has the 411 on everything you need to know and understand before you purchase your first smoking device.
What is Vaping?.
The term is “Vaping” is used to refer to the use of a personal vaporizing device (e-cigarette, mod, stick, box, throat hit) to inhale the vapor generated by its atomizer.
When first released most vaping devices were created to resemble the look of traditional cigarettes and were called electronic cigarette or e-cig for short. The design and look of e-cigs have evolved over the years to include a wide array of variety, features, and colors. A growing number of tobacco smokers are turning to vaping as an alternative to traditional cigarettes and are reporting better health. This is due to the ability to control the level of nicotine you ingest. In fact, many smokers have turned to vaping in efforts to quit smoking altogether.
Vaping Device Monikers
The Anatomy of an E-Cigarette
There is a lot of information out there concerning smoking devices but let’s get into how vaping devices actually work. With a granular approach lets dissect the technology involved in a vaporizer:
- Mouth Piece: The tip of the vaporizer where you place your lips to inhale the vapor.
- Tank (Cartomizer): The container where the nicotine liquid resides and is stored. Newer vaping devices refer to this container as a cartridge while others have combined that term with atomizer to coin the term Cartomizer (cartridge + atomizer).
- Atomizer: This is where the vapor is generated from the process of converting the liquid nicotine into smokable vapor. The heating coil contained in the atomizer strikes the liquid and the high temperature produces vaporization.
- Base: The end of your e-cigarette where you’ll find your battery and some models also place the chimney and airflow here as well.
- Battery: The power that controls your vaping device comes in a wide array of options and some new vaporizers give you the option to recharge your device through any USB port.
What is E-Liquid?
The word e-liquid (e-juice) is in reference to the nicotine flavor mixture that fuels your personal vaping device and is comprised of four main ingredients:
- Nicotine: Is the potent parasympathomimetic stimulant found in tobacco leaves and is the primary active ingredient in e-liquid. The most important factor to consider here is that you can control the dosage of nicotine.
- Flavorings: A variety of blends of different ingredients and flavor profiles manufactured into a concentrate for your smoking pleasure.
- Propylene Gylcol: A gummy colorless liquid with a faint scent and is slightly sweet to the palette.
- Vegetable Gylcerin: A transparent odorless liquid manufactured from plant oils such as palm oil, soy oil, or coconut oil.
You are now ready to conquer the vaping world.